Monopoly is a very popular board game known all over the world. Strategy, negotiation, cunning… All the blows are allowed to win! Here are the rules to know for a family party.
Monopoly is the Best cooperative board games for families, just like the game of Taboo or the game of the goose for example. Before starting to play, install the tray on a space big enough, like a coffee table, and choose each a pawn. A player calls as a banker (he will conduct the auctions and will manage the money). If you are quite many (at least 5), it can be only the role of banker. It must distribute to each participant:
- Five tickets for €1
- One ticket for €5
- Two tickets for €10
- One ticket for €20
- One ticket for €50
- Four tickets for €100
- Two tickets for €500
All tickets should be equal to €1500
Once you have chosen a pawn and you have your money, start each your turn the dice. The one who gets the highest number starts.
The squares of the Board of the Monopoly
When it is your turn, roll the two dice and move on the Board. You have several options. You come across:
- A property that is not purchased, you can acquire it. But if you don’t, it will be automatically auctioned by the banker and will, therefore, return the buyer the highest bidder.
- A property was purchased by one of your opponents; you must pay the rent indicated on the corresponding card depending on the constructions made in the field.
- Box “in prison,” you’re just visiting, nothing happens.
- “Square,” you receive double wages (2 x 200),
- The box ‘Luck’ or ‘Community Chest,’ you draw a card of the corresponding heap and should follow the instructions listed above before replacing face hidden under the battery.
- The box ‘Free Park’ or one of your properties, nothing happens,
- The box tax, you must pay the Bank the amount indicated on the box.
“Go directly to jail!
You can go to jail if you fall on the map or if you come across the box “Go directly to jail” but not only. Indeed, if you’re doing a double, you can play a second time. But if you raise the dice, again and again, is a double, then you go directly to jail without collecting the salary and, even if you go through the square. It will be the next player to roll the dice. To get out of prison, either:
- Pay the deposit of €50,
- Use the chance card “You are released from prison,” that you can buy at an opponent,
- Make it a double with the dice,
- Wait for three turns, trying each time to a double.
Different possible actions
When it is not your turn, you can perform operations and this, even in prison. You have the option of:
- Collect rent, if a player lands on one of your properties.
- Build houses or hotels, if you have all the properties of the same color (4 maximum houses and you can then exchange for a hotel). The buildings must be uniform (no second home on a field so other lands do not already have one). These buildings will increase the rent that will pay the players falling on your property. But be careful: you can not build on the mortgaged land.
- Sell your properties, your opponents if both parties agree, as long as they are without a home or hotel,
If a player has more money, it can come to an arrangement, or by selling its properties/buildings, either by mortgaging them. If there still no money after these operations, so it is eliminated from the game.
To win at Monopoly
As its name suggests, the game aims to have a monopoly of the game: it’s to say buy all the real estate properties of the plateau or become the wealthiest or still to be the last player to not bankrupt.